In this episode, Jimmy talks about the 12 videos that every realtor should be making to increase their sales and close more deals.
Videos you need to make as a realtor
- Living in your area videos. Make videos about the things that you like and you don’t like about living in your area. It’s a good video to draw in people who are looking out to live in your neighborhood or subdivision. The video will make them curious of what your neighborhood is and all the things you like and don’t like about your area.
- Renting versus buying videos. It will be videos on renting versus buying certain properties. Highlight your farm area or the neighborhood and put that in the title. You are addressing two audiences – the coastal market who are looking for a second home and those who want to move into the neighborhood. Highlight the value of owning versus renting. Talk about the opportunity to have an ROI.
- Virtual open house videos. Making virtual videos and sharing them on social platforms such as Facebook allows you to reach more people like you’ve never before. When you go live, you have the ability to hit your audience immediately and it gives you the ability to draw a bigger audience.
- My favorite places videos. Highlight some of the favorites that you like to do or the places you like to visit in your community. Show of the things that people can do in the community, activities that they can do with their kids, some of the things they can do with their spouse.
- Coming soon videos. You can just use your iPhone and pan the camera across the front door, do a little selfie, and make sure to get the details right.
- Neighborhood videos. Take videos of your farm or a neighborhood that you really love. Show the highlights of some homes and the amenities of your neighborhood.
- Cost of living in the area videos. Some people are searching for the cost of living in certain areas. Go to feeder markets in your area, go to government agencies that will give you the cost of living and the demographics, and other information.
Provide value to the buyer
- About Me videos – People want to do business with the people they know, like, and trust. So, tell them your story. Give them a background of who you are and how you started in the business.
- Testimonial videos. People want to know what they’re getting so it’s best to give them a bit of the service they’re getting. It’s a way to let them know that it’s safe to do business with you.
- Listing tour videos. This may sound basic but make sure you’re out there doing walkthrough videos of every listing you have as proof of business.
- Demographic videos. Go to the sheriff’s department to get the crime statistics and how it relates to other areas. You can go to the school district and get information on how the school fares compared to the rest of the state.
- Interviewing local business owners videos. This would give people a bit of insight into your favorite restaurants. Post or share the video on your social platforms and don’t forget to tag the restaurant or the establishment in the video.
Jimmy Burgess uses two tools: Keywords everywhere and Tube Buddy. Check out these tools and learn more about them.
“12 Videos Every Realtor Should be Making” episode resources
- Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, as well as his YouTube channel.
- If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review, and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher, as well as at our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.