Listen to the episode as Faina Shapiro joins Jimmy Burgess to talk about the new real estate agent training strategies.
Getting to know Faina Shapiro
- Faina Shapiro originally studied Pharmacy, not being a real estate agent. Her experience in real estate was limited to the courses she took as a landlord.
- She values research and education and that helped her become successful in her first year in the industry.
- You just can’t assume that people are going to work with you, because it’s a very competitive field. You want to beat the competition so you need to continue to be motivated and educated.
- During her first two months in the real estate industry, she took all the opportunity to volunteer herself to any open house situation and get in the office.
- She did a lot of things for free because for her, it wasn’t about whether she was paid for her effort or not. When she was starting out, it was about getting the education and having all the learning experience to do the right things.
Beginning in sales
- During her first year in sales, she got 16 sales and she also got an award at work for getting into the top 8% in the office. She exceeded what she thought and hoped she could get in her first year.
- As a real estate agent, you need to keep thriving. Even when you get multiple ‘No’s’, you need to try your best to turn the No into a Yes.
- In this pandemic, she transitioned into becoming a realtor. She also started teaching real estate classes and it’s been helping her to get some leads as well.
- All the real estate programs and classes she has aren’t only advertised online but also in every single home in the community.
- The classes and real estate programs allow her to meet other people and get leads.
- The most important thing when it comes to real estate is to do what’s best for your clients. The way to do that is to make yourself the best realtor that you can be.
- It’s important that you keep educating yourself and going beyond expectations. The aim is to provide true value to the people you work with and work for.
Surviving in the industry
- Many people often underestimate how much hustle is involved in real estate.
- Knowing that you have the knowledge, the ins and outs of real estate, and more give you the edge over other agents.
- You need to think outside the box instead of limiting yourself.
- In Faina’s first year in sales, even with less experience, she was able to work with some of the heavy hitters in the industry. She did that by thinking outside the box.
“New Real Estate Agent Training Strategies” episode resources
- Connect with Faina Shapiro on LinkedIn or give her a call/text at 617-820-0600.
- Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, as well as his YouTube channel.
If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher and at our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.