With the real estate market as amazing as it is right now, agents need to ask themselves one thing: am I at the right brokerage? In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy tells you questions to ask yourself to know if you’re at the right brokerage.
Do you have the tools you need?
- Berkshire Hathaway Home Services provides Boomtown, Testimonial Tree, and other platforms free of charge to its agents.
- The best CRM (or any platform) is the one you’re using. If you have the tools you need and are actually using them, you’re set for success.
What is the experience of leadership?
- You want leadership to make decisions based on experience in the industry, not just theory.
- Leadership can come in many different ways, but has your leadership been through different market sellers? Do they know how to lead, regardless of what the market conditions are? You need to be confident in their ability to guide you.
Do you have support?
- A brokerage should offer support staff to help with things (like marketing) that you shouldn’t have to worry about.
- Support staff let you focus on what you should be doing – adding value to homeowners and potential buyers.
Are you inspired or drained by the people around you?
- The people around you will either have a positive or negative impact on your job performance.
- You want to be at a brokerage where you feel excited to go to the office, or at the very least like you work well in the work environment.
Are you receiving fresh ideas?
- Does your leadership team bring you fresh ideas about the industry?
- Your company should consistently come to you with ideas for improving your process and business.
Is your business growing?
- If your business is stalling or dropping, you might just have to be in a different environment.
If you’re at a place where all these criteria are met, then you’re in the right place. And even if you don’t, make sure you lean into what is available. Because before leaving a brokerage, you should make sure the problem isn’t something you’re doing.
Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, as well as his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts,Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.