Social media plays a vital role in every industry, but it is an absolute necessity in real estate. Agents can easily get overwhelmed trying to stay up-to-date on their social media pages while also doing all the great work they need to close a sale. So how can agents stay on top of their social media content? Set up a content calendar.
A content calendar helps relieves stress and creates a targeted strategy.
- Jimmy uses a content calendar to schedule his posts in advance to avoid worrying about posting each day.
- While some platforms (like Facebook) allow you to schedule in advance, you can also use tools like Hootsuite to prepare all your social media ahead of time.
Jimmy’s ideas for each day of posting:
- Motivation Monday – Post an inspiring quote, explain the value of home buying, or even show dream houses to motivate your audience.
- Tuesday Tips – Think of the questions you’re frequently asked, and use this day to share valuable information and keep yourself top-of-mind.
- Hump Day Heroes (Wednesday) – Feature someone in your community, like a teacher, nonprofit leader, or any community figure to establish yourself as a knowledgable member of the community.
- Testimonial Thursday – Show off some of the great work you’ve done by featuring testimonials. Testimonials are great because it isn’t just you saying how great you are, but someone else saying it.
- Friday Favorites – Show off a favorite property! Include different pictures to captivate your audience and get them to click to your website.
- Saturday Spotlight – Highlight different places in the community, like a business, park, location, anywhere that establishes yourself as someone knowledgable in the community.
- Sundays – Express someone or something you’re thankful for. Jimmy would use Sunday as a more personal day, showing parts of his own life to help people know more about himself.
Jimmy’s social media tips:
- Make sure you tag anyone you post about (be it a person, business, or location) to expand the organic reach of your posts.
- Don’t include an external link on a Facebook post that will kill the organic traffic on Facebook (post the link in your comment section instead.)
- Add content if you think of something your audience will like. Add to stories, post that great family picture from vacation, find ways to connect with your audience!
Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, as well as his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts,Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.