Achieving growth as a realtor can be challenging enough, let alone maintaining it. In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy explains five different temptations that can prevent realtors from maintaining momentum.
- It’s easy to continue with your current strategy once you’ve seen success. However, trying new creative ideas is what encourages business growth.
- Make sure you aren’t just accepting incoming business but continually fostering new opportunities.
Reactive vs. Proactive
- Be the person that understands potential problems that might occur and account for those issues.
- Once you’re in a place where you no longer have to put out fires, you’ll be able to focus on other things.
Quit expanding your business
- Even if you’re comfortable with where you’re at, this line of thinking is dangerous to your business.
- It could be something as simple as determining a new prospecting system. Constantly look for ways to improve your business.
- From the wise words of Willie Nelson, “if I back it up, it’s just because I’m getting a running start.”
Stop following up with past clients.
- It’s easy to assume your past clients will automatically reach out to you when they have business.
- But not only are they your potential business, but they’re also your source of referrals, information, and testimonials. Having a solid relationship with them will make it easier to find and get these components.
Not saving enough money.
- Put more cash away than you think you should. The market is fantastic right now, but it might not always stay that way.
- If the market turns the other way, you’ll have enough money to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves.
If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.