Glennda Baker, an expert in luxury real estate, shares tips for how to become an expert in luxury real estate. She also talks about some of the ways for you to network and meet high profile clients and buyers.
Study the neighborhood
- Glennda started her career in real estate with a presentation for her mother’s business. Her mother was furnishing homes and after the presentation, the broker asked her if she was interested in getting into real estate.
- Glennda had her license and tried a job as an assistant but getting hired was difficult. She ended up approaching the broker she met previously and told her she got five listings. Those five listings got Glennda hired on the spot.
- Glennda is great with details. She studies the neighborhood and compiles the data she gathers. She knows every house and what they look like.
- Real estate is about identifying the farm and learning the neighborhood. There is just no substitute for knowledge.
- Most people do not understand the value of preparation but Glennda sees that it’s one of the most effective ways to get listings or get hired.
- For Glennda’s team, they have a 113-point checklist from listing to love so that nothing is left to chance.
- CrystalKnows is a platform that helps Glennda and her team know the personality profile of the clients they meet. They pattern their presentation based on the DISC profile of the potential clients they present to.
- Nothing accelerates credibility faster than proof. It’s better to show someone how you’re going to do it and that you have done it before rather than just explaining to them what you can do.
- People are seeking clarity more than ever and if you can’t speak with certainty, then you’re out of the game.
- The real estate business is not about fitting in, it’s about standing out. It’s about being memorable.
- People do business with people they know. It’s critical to put your face on every single thing you make so that prospects become familiar with you. The moment they take something from you, a thank you card for example, they stop being strangers.
- At conventions, Glennda doesn’t give out business cards like everybody else. She aims to be unique by giving out sweets, wine bottles, or wine glasses, and she has them in boxes with her branding on it.
“How to Become an Expert in Luxury Real Estate” episode resources
- Connect with Glennda Baker on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, as well as his YouTube channel.
- Check out the Slydial tool here.
- If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review, and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher, as well as at our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.