Jimmy Burgess speaks about how to host lead-generating open houses that will give you the ability to generate leads like never before.
- Identify the right house for the open house. It can be a house on a busy street that’s going to have a lot of traffic. It can also be a house that gives you the ability to get the exposure you need outside of your general marketing areas.
- Focus on pre-open house marketing: It can happen before the open house. You want to make sure that people know about the open house. Do what you can to let the owners in the neighborhood get an opportunity to come to the open house.
- Go door to door
- Send out a mailer
- Make phone calls. Do circle prospecting and call the owners around the house set for your open house. Make sure that you get extra time with them as well. Give them a pre-look to make them feel special. You can also use tools or apps such as the Cole Realty Resource.
- Maximize the use of social media. Run ads in the area. You can use AdWords or you can simply post the information on Facebook, Instagram, or other social media platforms.
On the day of the open house
- The more details you give out, the higher your chances will be for more traffic. Have as many open signs as you can to direct the crowd to the property.
- Make it look like a buzz. Tell your sellers, your friends, or families to leave their cars outside the house. Make it look like some good activity is going on out there.
- Maximize your traffic on the day of the open house. Slide out or have someone make calls to remind them of the open house.
- Make sure to have a sign-in sheet, preferably assigned to a person by the entrance door. Get their names, emails, phone number, and ask them if they own a property in the neighborhood.
- Follow-up. Make sure to check in and thank them for stopping by your open house. Make a gratitude post on social media. After the open house, make sure to tell your sellers exactly what happened.
“How to Host Lead Generating Open Houses” episode resources
- Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, as well as his YouTube channel.
- If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review, and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher, as well as at our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.