Realtors aim to make big profits and close more deals. But how do you do that exactly? How can you turn buyers into listings? Jimmy Burgess talks about turning buyers into listings in this episode.
Helping others find their homes
- One of the biggest problems right now is the lack of homes for sale. This problem can be addressed if we can open our inventory and have homes come into the market.
- There is a huge demand for homes right now and if you can unlock that, it will make a significant difference.
- The person who unlocks the problem of listings in 2021 wins. It’s a good win for you and the client.
- Find homes using the STP principle:
- S – Segmenting the market. This means being specific with the kind of house that you’re looking for based on the requirements and specs given by the client.
- T – Targeting. Target the people who own the house that fits a certain buyer. Instead of shooting a shotgun, you are now targeting with a rifle. You don’t look for a single buyer, you look for all the homes that fit the description and requirement of the buyer.
- P – Positioning. Position yourself and your client in a way that these off-market properties are in your listing before the properties come on the market.
- Most people are not selling in the market to leave; they are selling to reposition themselves.
- People who are looking out to buy but aren’t finding what they want in MLS aren’t just dreaming to buy. They are ready to buy but they just haven’t found the right home yet. The best thing you can do for them is to understand what their characteristics are so that you can meet their needs.
- They are a little impatient because they can’t find the homes they want, so give them patience and try to understand them.
- It’s important to meet them where they are and give them the support they need. Listen to their woes and assure them that they will eventually find their property and the struggle will be worth it.
Circle prospecting the homes they want
- Call and see if there are houses or properties for sale in the neighborhood they want.
- Be specific in knowing what they want. It will help you narrow down the houses to look for. This is how you segment down your houses.
- After that, you can start targeting homes based on their requirement. Check out the MLS list for the homes you’re targeting.
- Mail a card or a letter to the targeted homes.
- Follow up with a phone call to the homeowners of these targeted homes.
- Try the basic door knocking method.
- You can also call the people around the neighborhood and inform them of the sale that happened recently. Give them something to be curious with. If you’ve piqued their interest, it means that they’re looking out to buy or to sell.
- Segment and circle the houses closest to the properties that the prospects and your clients may like.
- Target the right people and make sure to let them know you’re working on looking for the home your clients want.
- Put up a plan to position yourself better when it comes to getting the right listings for your clients and prospects.
“How to Turn Buyers into Listings” episode resources
- Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, as well as his YouTube channel.
- If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review, and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher, as well as at our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.