Sometimes all it takes to win is to simply not lose. So, how do you stop losing? Here are seven mistakes all top-performing real estate agents avoid.
1. Focus solely on buyers
- When you focus on buyers, you aren’t able to control your schedule.
- Agents who focus on listing as opposed to buyers find it easier to grow and scale their business.
2. Don’t build a database
- Create a database and add new people on a consistent basis.
- When you don’t have a database, you’re reactive to people as opposed to proactive.
- Consistent communication gives consistent business.
3. Not having a plan
- Every successful agent has a plan and strategy to reach their weekly, monthly, and yearly goals.
- Over time, that consistency generates the growth you’re looking for.
4. Don’t understand the market
- Dive in and become the market expert.
- Understand where you are. Learn the average selling price, price per square foot, and every other component that demonstrates expertise.
5. Spend time with unproductive agents
- Don’t come into the office just to talk about how bad the market is.
- Instead, search out those who can share information and ask questions to learn more. Find better agents than yourself and learn from them.
6. Becoming complacent
- The current market makes everyone look better, even agents who aren’t that good.
- Don’t let easy success make you complacent. The efforts you make right now will pay dividends later.
7. Staying in your comfort zone
- Everything you want is on the other side of your comfort zone.
- The agents who can make more phone calls or spend more time on video and learn new tactics and strategies find new opportunities.
All of these tactics are within your control. If you take action, make good choices, and focus on your business growth and success, you’ll see it pay off.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts,Google Podcasts, Spotify,Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.