In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy is joined by Mario Mitchell, the president of Keller Williams Realty. During the pandemic, he wanted to get his team in front of his farms in unique ways. And now, he’s here to share some of those farming strategies you can implement in your own business to grow your sales.
If you’re going to farm, start with your neighborhood.
- Understand the inner workings of your own community, get to know the HOA board (or even be a part of it if possible), so you know how you can provide the most value.
- His easy strategy that makes everybody happy? Foods trucks! Food trucks are an easy way to gain attention in a target community and generate traffic.
- You can look online to find out which ones are popular in a specific community. Mario’s tip: find one that the community will enjoy, ideally a family-friendly truck that doesn’t charge to appear in a particular location.
Advertise your events!
- Mario uses direct mail to remind the community where the truck and his events will be.
- The food truck also has its own social media following, giving you access to a realm of people you otherwise wouldn’t interact with.
- During the event itself, don’t focus on making real estate conversations. Instead, simply get your branding and name across so that you’ll be top-of-mind when the time comes.
- After Mario’s team used various local food trucks, Mario and one of his agents opened their own food truck, which they now use for events and to drive traffic.
- As a result of this farming effort, they have a myriad of people reaching out to them asking for real estate services.
The takeaway? Think creatively, and you’ll come up with a farming strategy that works for you. You can find Mario on LinkedIn or any social platform at @mariomitchellteam. Or reach out to him directly at (704) 284-8057. Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel.
If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.