Sure, you should be familiar with and know your clients. But taking that relationship to the next level and getting to the point where they not only know you but like and trust you, will pay dividends later down the line. In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy shares his tips to connect with anyone in real estate.
- People want to be around positive people! Be friendly, and people will mirror that positivity.
2. Make eye contact with the people you’re talking to
- There’s nothing more frustrating than talking to someone looking at their phone.
- Make direct eye contact with someone to let them know you’re paying attention.
3. Ask questions
- People love talking about themselves; it’s a universal concept.
- Allow them to share and talk about things important to them to understand what’s important to them and what they care about.
- It’s a psychological phenomenon that people near each other will mirror the reactions of the other.
- While it’s a subconscious action, you can use this to your advantage. Pay attention to how your client or coworker is talking and interacting, and match how they interact.
- Doing so creates a more intimate (but still professional) relationship.
5. Give compliments
- If you’re the person bringing positivity to the relationship, you’ll create relationships with your clients more quickly.
- Complement them on their house or a particular decorating style; it’ll position you as a knowledgeable agent while also making them feel good!
6. Follow up
- As soon as a first interaction with someone is over, send a quick message or video to that person.
- Thank them or say that you’re looking forward to creating a stronger relationship with them, and it’ll make for a great relationship down the line.
Above all, keep in mind that building great relationships takes time. But if you are patient (and put in the effort), you’ll create strong and durable relationships that lead you to the success you’re looking for. Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel.
If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.