John Maxwell’s book “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership” detail what practices and ways of living make an ideal leader that people will want to follow. For today’s episode, Jimmy narrowed those 21 laws down to the eleven laws of real estate, and how you can implement these eleven laws into your real estate mindset to develop a professional network and business.
1. The Law of the Lid
- If you have a limiting factor (AKA a lid) preventing growth, create a system that overcomes that lid. If that lid is the only thing holding you back, you’ll find the success you couldn’t before.
2. The Law of Process
- We are limited to a certain amount of time each day, so create processes that allow us to operate more efficiently and thus perform more.
3. The Law of Addition
- How many people are you adding value to, or what are you contributing to the marketplace? Do something beyond what everyone else is doing.
4. The Law of Magnetism
- We tend to attract and interact with people like us. So be the type of person you want to do business with!
- To find a good client base, focus on your community and be willing to send referrals so people will reciprocate.
5. The Law of Your Inner Circle
- Spend time with the top producers and those more successful than you.
6. The Law of Momentum
- The most powerful, unseen factor in real estate growth is momentum. Go and find easy wins, like talking to your favorite past clients, to be in a successful mood.
7. The Law of Reproduction
- Once we win once, we experience more success.
- What have you done that you can reproduce that do it again? Results will build on themselves as you reproduce things you know succeed.
8. The Law of Priority
- Focus on the highest-priority items first (AKA things that make your business grow.)
9. The Law of Sacrifice
- At some point in your career (and especially for people new to the industry), you’ll have to sacrifice to see growth.
- That might mean less personal time or additional hours at the office, but putting in the work now will yield more long-term results down the line!
10. The Law of Timing
- If you consistently add value to people around you and put in the work, the law of timing will take care of itself.
11. The Law of Explosive Growth
- Have a group of fans who support you and send you referrals (and thank them for their efforts.)
- Have a team around you. As you see growth, you’ll need someone to help with transactions, marketing, and other people; you’ll need help! If your dream is only as big as you, it isn’t big enough.
Real estate is not a complicated business. But, if you follow these laws to a tee, it’ll grow into something you’ve never dreamed of. Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.