People do business with people they know, like, and trust. And trust is strengthened through authenticity. One of the best ways to display your authentic self on social media is through Instagram stories. But how can you create meaningful content through stories? In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy is joined by Mario Mitchell to learn how to kill it on Instagram with stories.
Don’t post the same boring content:
- Mario’s best advice: Don’t be boring. Mix your personal life, interests, and hobbies with professional content to create varying content that shows your true self.
- Genuine, simple content gives people the ability to find a way to get to know someone as not just a realtor, but a person.
The Quick Lay-Down of Different Instagram Posts:
- Static posts: The classic images
- Reels: Video content (that is becoming increasingly popular)
- Stories: Content visible for only 24-hours, then vanishes unless you save it
You can use stories in unique (and less formal) ways:
- In particular, Mario documents how his meetings and listing appointments go once they are finished.
- He doesn’t just document the wins, however. He also is transparent (but puts a positive spin) on the losses to be as authentic as possible.
- He also takes videos, even short funny clips with clients, to prevent his page from becoming too standard.
- Just be yourself and talk about what’s going on in your life, professional or otherwise.
If people see you on Instagram or other social media, you’ll stay top-of-mind in their minds and be yourself. Remember, top agents don’t chase business; they attract it. To get in contact with Mario, find him on any social media platform at @mariomitchellteam or give him a call at 704-284-8057
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts,Google Podcasts, Spotify,Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.