There are patterns in everything in life (and that includes real estate.) Luckily, we can use these patterns to positively impact our careers and our lives. Jimmy got the inspiration for today’s episode from author and business strategist Tony Robbins, and in today’s episode, Jimmy identifies the six keys to finding growth in your real estate business.
1. Spend 30 minutes learning each day.
- You’re either growing or dying. Find an opportunity to further yourself each day, whether learning a new skill or honing an existing one.
- It could be reading, listening to a great podcast (like The Real Estate Sales Podcast), or watching an educational video. The goal is to make yourself better than the day before.
- You could even contact other agents and see if you can look at their marketing materials.
2. Feed your body.
- Feed your body, not just with anything, but with the right types of foods.
- Similarly, spend time exercising each day.
- If you want the energy and motivation to do your best for yourself and your clients, eating right and exercising will help you do just that.
3. Get a role model.
- Find a coach or mentor who has already done what you want to do, and emulate them!
- You’d never try to win an athletic event without a coach, so why aren’t you doing it with real estate?
- The key is to find someone who fits with you and your personality. Then, take your time and make sure the mentor or coach is the right fit for you.
4. Create a clear plan of action.
- Write and document specific S.M.A.R.T. goals that you can break down on a daily basis.
- Have a standard plan of action that you check each day.
5. Take massive action.
- Every top producer either works hard or worked hard and no longer has to.
- Take action to fuel the effective aspects of your business, and take more action to revitalize the elements that might not be as effective.
6. Give more than you receive.
- Don’t go to work looking to make a check; go looking to help your next client.
- In life, the more you give, the more you get back. And this holds true while working in real estate.
If you keep these criteria in mind, you’ll be the leader of listings for your area in no time! Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts,Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.