What do top producers do to find and maintain success and momentum in the real estate business? On today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy has brought one of those top producers onto the show to learn the secrets behind his success. We’ll learn how Tom Toole, founder of Tom Toole Sales Group, plans his daily schedule to get everything done.
He wakes up at 4:45 a.m. every morning.
- Tom has a standing 5 a.m. call with a friend purely to develop the discipline to wake up.
- “Discipline will carry you when motivation can’t.” – Peloton Instructor Alex Dyson.
- But waking up is only half the battle. After the call, Tom preps for his day, so he doesn’t waste any work time.
- His philosophy: Mornings are a time to get stuff done.
Tom’s routine has a focus on efficiency:
- After exercising, Tom focuses on family. From 7:00-8:00, he helps get his three kids ready for school and out of the house.
- He was an accountability call at 8:15, three days each week, where he and his friend discuss their goals and how they’re progressing towards them.
- During his thirty-minute commute, he takes calls that don’t require a lot of brainpower. If he has no calls, he listens to business podcasts or educational audiobooks.
His office routine is (you guessed it) very productive.
- When he worked in production, Tom spent his first two hours making phone calls, no matter what.
- Once he’s working, he shuts out all distractions. The only tabs open on his computer were his MLS, Boomtown, dialer, and calendar.
- Tom’s goal was to secure two listing appointments each day, and his consistent and focused work made that possible.
- After those two hours, he focuses on handling issues from staff or clients and returning phone calls.
Tom’s top takeaway: fuel your body right.
- Tom attributes his ability to stay focused for so long to his diet. While working, he avoids heavy foods that might lead to groggy or unproductive behavior.
- After lunch, Tom sends follow-up videos and supplementary materials he might’ve promised people throughout his calls.
Avoid time-wasting obstacles:
- He does not make an appointment before 11 am.
- Tom never goes to home inspections or settlements.
- He stopped watching the news, opting to read articles and direct sources instead.
- Most meetings go way too long – whittle down that hour-long meeting to thirty minutes.
Read Todd Herman’s Alter Ego to find ways to tap into your potential. To get more content from Tom, contact him on Instagram (@tomtoole3rd) for more information. Do you have a referral you’d like to send Tom’s way? Visit tomtoole.com.
If you keep these criteria in mind, you’ll be the leader of listings for your area in no time! Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts,Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.