It is estimated that 82% of all internet traffic in 2022 will be video-based. So, what are you doing to ensure you’re a part of that growing number? In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy explains how to create videos your clients will love.
- When thinking about topics, think of it like putting together a website. For example, on your FAQ page, what questions do clients typically have that you’d be able to answer quickly?
- Use Google as a tool to research and inform yourself of video topics.
- Find similar agents on YouTube and look through their most popular videos. If you put your own spin on it to make it unique, odds are those same topics will do well for you.
- Visit real estate websites. Realtor.com has an excellent database for trending content; look through recent articles to get ideas for your video!
- Authenticity trumps everything. However, higher quality material performs better on average.
- Make sure your lighting is good by using a ring light or properly-positioned natural lighting.
- People won’t watch videos with poor audio. Consider buying a microphone to ensure high-quality audio.
- While smartphone cameras are a great start, there’s significant room for improvement to deliver a high-quality video people will want to see.
- There’s no shame in starting with your smartphone. However, investing in these resources will help push you to the next level.
- YouTube is the second most-utilized search platform, second only to Google.
- While YouTube should be your “home base,” including video in your emails, newsletters, and other materials will help expose them to your database.
- When sharing on social media, upload videos directly to the platform (not linking through YouTube.)
- Instagram is one of the best places to post video content. Especially if your videos are less than 60 seconds, Instagram reels generate tremendous traffic.
- Using hashtags is a great way to drive new traffic from people searching for similar content you create.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.