Cisco states that 82% of all internet traffic will be video-based by 2022. And with the right tools and mindset, you can take your video content to the next level to be prepared to enter the next year with great video content. Jimmy’s tip: Don’t worry about it being perfect. Filming authentic content is far better than a pretty video that doesn’t provide a valuable message. And, in this episode, he discusses his top video tech tools for real estate agents.
Find the right camera:
- Apple iPhone cameras are a great resource to film. If you haven’t upgraded your phone recently, this is a great time to do so!
- If you’re looking for professional quality, Jimmy uses the Sony A7III with an 18-105mm lens. However, he also started with an iPhone.
Nail the proper lighting:
- Natural lighting is the best form of lighting and should be used whenever possible.
- If possible, situate your camera so that you’re facing windows or other light sources.
- If natural light isn’t available, consider purchasing a selfie ring light to provide an even light around whatever target you want.
Capture ideal audio:
- Wireless mics (like a Saramonic blink 500 wireless mic set) are a great investment to ensure quality audio. And, if your video involves multiple people or interview-style content, having an extra mic is necessary.
- For professional-grade audio, the Sennheiser mke 600 boom mic gives studio-quality sound and is well worth the investment to take your audio to the next level.
Use the right editing tools:
- Fiverr is a great resource to hire a freelancer to create an attention-grabbing intro for relatively little money.
- Apple iMovie is a free resource for mac users that allows you to trim, sync audio and more.
- Camtasia Studio is easy to use and a great tool to edit video content.
- Adobe Premiere is the ultimate tool and an excellent investment to get a comprehensive video editing platform.
Sometimes, we overthink video. But remember, it doesn’t need to be perfect! Determine what messaging your ideal client wants, and make it happen. The quality will take care of itself.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts,Google Podcasts, Spotify,Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.