What can you do to make the next year your best year? It’s all about a change of habits and a change in attitude. Planning for your future is the best way to ensure you make the next year your best, but you won’t make it your best year in this business by thinking about yourself; you’ll do it by serving others. Today’s episode features Jimmy’s six steps to give back to the people around you.
1. Say thank you more
- I know, it sounds trivial. Thanking people might be easy, but do you have a systematic plan to thank people who’ve helped you, your family, or your business?
- You can go through life worried about what happens next, or you can come from a place of gratitude. (The latter is a much better way to enhance your business and life.)
- Hand-written thank you notes are always great, but it could also be a quick text, phone call, or even email. The gesture means a lot more than the method of sending.
2. Provide more information
- Think about the FAQs people ask you. How are the schools? What’s the crime rate? Where are your favorite restaurants?
- Provide this information to the general public, and you’ll be a valuable asset for people in the area.
3. Automate your communication
- People want information, and especially property information, from real estate agents.
- Automate this information to provide people information about their homes or perhaps when a house that fits their description enters the market.
4. Build relationships in feeder markets
- Connect with feeder agents at events. Research which areas are feeder markets for your neighborhood, and find agents you think you could build a relationship with.
- Developing a relationship will lead to great referrals and a contact you can share clients with to ensure everyone gets the best service possible.
5. Shoot more video
- Video is the best way to provide information to your audience.
- Film content that highlights the different parts of your area the general public might not know, like restaurants, local businesses, and parks; you’ll be top of mind as a knowledgeable community leader.
- Consider Interviewing local leaders. You’ll share audiences and likely be exposed to a whole new segment of the community.
- Give a monthly market update to be viewed as an industry expert.
6. Give more value
- Give more than you expect you’ll give back. When you provide service with no expectation of return, that’s when you’ll genuinely find value.
- Use your network to highlight nonprofits, fundraising events, and other heroes in your community that deserve to be recognized. You’ll be amazed how quickly it comes back to you.
From the words of Maya Angelou, “people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” When determining who to make the next year your best year, first ask yourself how you can do the same for others.
Do you have a video or content idea perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts,Google Podcasts, Spotify,Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.