Finding new listings is the key to kicking off the near year with a great start. In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy gives his top 22 strategies to generate listings in 2022.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.
- Call expired listings (6-24-month-old)
2. Seen unsolicited video CMAs
- For more information on these, check out Jimmy’s previous podcast episodes.
- Utilize Homebot.ai for past buyers
- It sends a detailed monthly report that provides a full-asset breakdown.
- Make “just sold” phone calls (with Slybroadcast)
- Allows you to record one voicemail, call a group of people, and automatically leave that voicemail with them after just one ring!
5. Post social media “needs” post
6. Check probate listings
- Every time someone dies, they have to go through probate, and these listings are public information you can use to find someone who might want to sell the estate.
- Farm your neighborhood
- You already know the market in your neighborhood; why not share that information with those around you?
- Use predictive analytics (SmartZip)
- There are several actions people that someone wants to sell – SmartZip aggregates that for you.
9. Call “for rent by owner” listings
10. Circle prospect
- If a home had multiple offers, surrounding homeowners might be interested in selling.
11. Farm 3-7-year-old tract builds
12. Hold open houses
13. Use BoldLeads
- A website that creates and then sells leads typically results in a 2-3% return.
- While there might be a low return, it provides a database of homeowners who might sell in the future.
14. Find divorce leads
15. Contact “out of town” homeowners
- Folks who live in a different area, but own property, might be interested in selling.
- Contact “for sale by owner” listings
- They want to sell but just haven’t found the right agent. Be that agent! Add value to their lives and provide support.
- Contact “out of town” lot owners
- People might own properties in an area and not utilize them. These are great candidates to reach out to and see if they are interested in selling.
18. Build relationships with a builder
19. Join a leads group
20. Find expired listings
- If you’ve added the most value to that person, you’ll be most likely to have the opportunity to relist it.
- Door knocking
- It’s a tried-and-true tactic that can be used in so many ways
- Create a “Top 25 Clients” list
- Build a list of your 25 contacts most likely to buy or sell, and make it a priority to call at least one contact each day.