Finding success in real estate is easy when you focus on providing value to your clients. But that’s only part of a successful formula for real estate. And, on today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy provides all the details. The goal? Finding more success and a bigger impact on your community. (And that goal is closer than you might think.)
Part One: Gain knowledge
- But how do you gain this knowledge? Start with a P.A.R.T.Y.!
- Podcasts – A great source of information for anything. Plus, you can listen wherever is most convenient for you.
- Audiobooks – Similar to podcasts, these are readily available, easy to consume and contain a wide variety of information.
- Read articles – Whatever website, platform, or tool you want to learn more about, there are online articles about it.
- Tour homes – You work in real estate, so go out and see the product yourself. Don’t be someone who just sits in the office.
- YouTube – This platform is full of free videos for you to later share with your community.
Part Two: Give freely
- Once you understand the real estate market (both in general and specific trends in your community), share that knowledge with others F.R.E.E.L.Y.
- Facts – Be the historian for your area. What facts can you provide to others?
- Really cool places – What places do you love in the area? What locations do your family enjoy?
- Expert market analysis – Everyone wants more market information. Provide that information on both a micro and macro level to be a comprehensive authority.
- Empowering information – Sharing information of value, even if it has nothing to do with real estate.
- Local stories – Share historical local stories or interview people in the community to share their stories.
- Your favorites – Talk to local business owners or community leaders and help them share their stories.
Part Three: Grow like wildfire.
- Provide an experience (with C.A.R.E.) that makes clients come back again and again.
- Create systems – DO you use a systematic approach to know what is happening with your buyers or sellers?
- Add support – Successful agents will eventually reach a point where they need to hire someone to maintain trajectory. Whether a transactional coordinator, administrative assistant, or another role, hire someone to fulfill that need.
- Reward – Encourage people to send business. If you express gratitude and reward those who send referrals with a thank-you note, donation, or small gift, they’ll likely do it again.
- Evaluate your business – Where are leads and closings coming from? If you identify what you’re best at, you can keep doing those things while swapping out less effective practices with others.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts,Google Podcasts, Spotify,Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.