How can you optimize your database for business growth? Find out on today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, where Jimmy interviews operations coordinator Katie Crowe to discuss best practices for improving your database for better performance. (While Jimmy and his team at Berkshire Hathaway BPFLA use BoomTown for their databases, these principles can be implemented across any platform.)
Ensure leads are categorized correctly.
- Don’t just categorize them; determine where in the buying process they are.
- Categorizing allows you to establish the proper messaging frequency so prospects and clients get the right amount of information from you.
Set up automated campaigns with your categorized groups.
- These campaigns should be a mix of newsletters, simple check-ins, and generic messaging that aims to start a conversation.
- Campaigns should also be a mix of channels; communicate with your audience through email, text messaging, and phone calls to ensure you’re reaching as many people as possible.
- Include your website or contact information in all messaging, so people have a source to refer to for additional details.
Optimize your database as much as possible.
- Fill in fields like physical address, contact information, and where they’re at in the buying process.
- As your contact list grows, you’ll likely forget essential prospect information. Recording notes about each person helps maintain your relationship with each prospect and remember what you discussed in previous messaging.
How to re-engage with infrequently contacted prospects:
- Create a re-engagement script asking if the prospect is satisfied with the current messaging cadence or if they want it altered in any way.
- You can then use additional scripts to understand where they are in the buying process and what information they might want to receive in future messaging.
If you’ve let your database fall into disarray, it’s a challenge you can overcome. Simply set aside time to focus on it, because cleaning out your database (and then keeping it clean) is the best way to find business growth you wouldn’t believe.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.