The four disciplines listed in the Four Disciplines of Execution can be applied to any industry (and of course, that includes real estate!) In today’s episode of the Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy goes through the overarching concepts in this book to see exactly how anyone can apply these principles to their own real estate business.
1. Wildly important goal
- This could be any goal you want, and it should be specific for what you want to achieve in your business.
- What are you focused on that you know will develop a strategy to execute?
2. Act on leading measures
- Real estate is a lot like life. The activities we do each day affect what happens in the future.
- What are the leading indicators for a scenario in the market?
3. Keep a compelling scorecard
- If you don’t record your progress, how do you know if you’re heading in the right direction?
- Each month, evaluate if you are moving towards your goal to see if you need to adapt or change your strategy.
4. Create a cadence of accountability
- Jimmy’s groups meet once per week to report on their goals and leading indicators to maintain accountability.
- Have a group you can meet with to stay accountable in pursuit of your goals.
Whether you purchase the book or listen to it on Audible, it can positively affect your life. Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.