John Maxwell is an author and speaker known for his knowledge in leadership, sales, and just life in general. In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy dives into some of his favorite John Maxwell quotes and explains how you can apply them to your real estate business.
“You will never fulfill your destiny doing work you despise.”
- If you aren’t excited about what you do each day, either find a new job or focus on the aspects you enjoy. Those elements are likely strengths you possess.
“The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda.”
- Setting a purposeful plan each day is a recipe for success.
- The night before your next workday, try laying out your schedule to know exactly what you need to do throughout the day.
“Pride deafens us to the advice or warnings of those around us.”
- Humbleness comes before the rise. You should constantly seek to learn and understand new facets of the industry.
- You’ll never know everything, and you can always learn more from the people around you.
“Dreams don’t work unless you do.”
- When you first start anything, you never be the smartest person in the room.
- To make up for this, be the first person in the room. What you lack in experience, you can make up in dedication.
“When was the last time you did something for the first time?”
- What got you where you are won’t be what brings you to where you want to go.
- Trying new things to go outside your comfort zone will help you grow.
“If we are growing we are always going to be outside our comfort zone.”
- Comfort and growth cannot co-exist. Find an opportunity each day to be uncomfortable.
- Is it cold calling? Reaching out to past clients? Shooting video? Whatever it is, the success you want is on the other side of that discomfort.
“Collaboration is multiplication.”
- Building the success you want probably involves the work of more than one person.
- If your dream doesn’t involve the work of more than one person, that dream is too small.
If you haven’t had an opportunity to consume content from John Maxwell, you really should. Read books, listen on audible, or even watch speeches on YouTube to learn something that helps you grow as a person.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.