After watching thousands of real estate agents find success in their business, Jimmy understands what it takes to succeed. And, on today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, he dives into those skills. Find out in the episode the seven skills realtors should learn that will pay off forever.
1. Build Rapport Quickly
- If you can quickly establish trust with others, you’ll see more success.
- Jimmy recommends the book How to Make People Like You in 90 Seconds or Less” by Nicholas Boothman to build this skill.
- Between smiling more, asking questions, and listening more than you talk, there are easy communication changes you can make to help build rapport more quickly.
2. Time Management
- If you don’t manage your schedule, your schedule will manage you.
- When you start allocating time to specific tasks, you’ll find yourself much more productive and able to see success.
3. Shoot video
- Your ability to communicate through video is a relatively new skill, but it is vital.
- It’s not going to be easy, but you’ll get more comfortable with practice.
4. Social media marketing
- If you want to learn how to master a specific skill like LinkedIn, Instagram, or Facebook, go to YouTube and watch content about it!
- Because people spend time on social media, that’s where we should be as well.
5. Show gratitude
- What do you do to express gratitude? Is it sending handwritten notes, sending a text, or even giving a gift to people who send referrals?
- Whatever you choose to do, make it a kind and authentic gesture.
- Determine what channels yielded you the best results in your business over the last one or two years.
- If the majority comes from a specific area or tactic, lean into those things. But, on the other hand, be self-aware of what channels or tactics you need to grow and improve.
- Things don’t have to be perfect to move forward.
- If you’re spending time doing tasks you could delegate to someone else, you’re wasting time on efforts that don’t yield the best results.
Five years from now, how your business looks will entirely depend on the skills you develop now. What do you need to lean into to make the most significant difference?
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.