What are the similarities between running a race and successfully running a real estate business? It turns out there’s more than you might think! In today’s Real Estate Sales Podcast episode, Jimmy explains the similarities he noticed as his son joined the cross country team and how the lessons he learned apply to a real estate business.
The more you run, the faster you get.
- If you go out and run two miles per day for thirty days, you’ll be noticeably faster.
- The same holds true for real estate. Improve a skill for the next thirty days; you’ll be shocked how much you can improve!
You have to be prepared to perform.
- The better you prepare for a race, the better you perform. Similarly, are you setting yourself up for real estate success?
- Get enough sleep, exercise, and learn the needed skills to be ready for the work you need to do in your real estate business.
Find your pace and run your race.
- A new runner might start too fast and burn out before they finish.
- It’s the same in real estate. Don’t compare yourself to other agents because their strategies and tactics might not be effective for you.
- Find your own pace and keep up consistently over time to do your best.
Push through the pain.
- The pain you feel in your real estate business won’t last forever.
- When many people come upon pain or challenge, they back off. But top producers don’t stop at the wall; they push through and overcome.
Sprint when others are fading.
- We’re at a point in the real estate cycle where agents who’ve seen success might begin to fade. When others fade, that’s your signal to sprint.
- Don’t let the market be the sole dictator over your success; finish strong regardless of the market to see continual success.
Whatever you see in your future, have the discipline to set yourself up for success and run the real estate race with confidence. Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.