Great days don’t just happen; they occur when we set ourselves up for success. In today’s episode of the Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy explains seven ways to prepare for the day to ensure it brings the best results.
Prepare a to-do list the night before.
- What are the most important things you need to do the following day?
- Having a to-do list ready when you enter the office will make it easier to start working through those tasks.
Time block for prospecting each day.
- You should always be prospecting. Whether or not you have people further along in your pipeline, creating a list of potential clients keeps your business moving forward.
- Designate a time each day to prospect, and stick to that schedule.
Schedule lunch with people in your sphere of influence.
- Building relationships is the key to a successful real estate business, and regular interactions with the people close to you are how relationships are built.
- Everyone has to eat lunch anyway; why not use that time to invest in your business?
Set (and track) a daily goal for conversations.
- On average, it takes roughly fifty real estate conversations to generate one transaction.
- If you know, allocate time for sufficient conversations to yield whatever your transaction goal may be.
Schedule and record five videos each day.
- For the uninitiated, five videos a day can sound challenging. However, using resources like BombBomb can help make the process easy and time-efficient.
- Check out Jimmy’s past episode on filming video CMAs to learn the best practices.
Set a database growth goal.
- Determine how many new people you’d like to add to your database, and figure out how many new people that would equal each week or day.
- Setting daily or weekly goals help you visualize what needs to be done each day to move you towards that larger goal at the end of the year.
Evaluate your value-adding activities.
- At the end of each day, review what you accomplished. What added the most value to you, the marketplace, or your prospects?
- By understanding what measures led to more successful results, you can better allocate your time and resources in the future to focus on those activities.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.