Today’s episode of The Real Estate Podcast features Doug Edrington. As the CEO at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices J Douglas Properties, Doug is the perfect source to explain how to connect correctly to create more closings.
Leverage your educational opportunities.
- Many past agents don’t have the educational resources we have today. Be a sponge and constantly learn.
- You don’t have to have special connections or financing to learn – you can do it all with your phone or laptop.
- Understand yourself and your personality type to know what kind of resources and materials best teach you.
- Knowing your communication style also helps you best identify and mirror the communication style of your clients.
Focus on making connections with both your clients and the right people.
- The agent should always mirror the communication style of the client.
- Be empathetic, not sympathetic. Addressing someone’s problems without glossing over them is a better communication strategy that yields better results.
- The book “Who, Not How” is a compilation of case studies that show how meeting the right people and assembling the right team helps you accomplish goals.
- However, it’s not just meeting people; it’s partnering and working together to bring out the best results for your clients.
The critical first hires a growing agent should consider:
- If you have your nest egg set up, your first hire is an assistant. A full-time personal assistant who can help you, your family, and is (essentially) an extension of you.
- If you don’t have the money set aside, it’s important that you leverage someone who can supplement the skills you lack. It could be another agent, a business development rep, anyone.
- Figure out your weakest point, and supplement your team to help overcome those areas.
Focus on what brings you long-term happiness, and you can’t go wrong. To send Doug a referral (or just to find more great content), find Doug on Facebook and Instagram, send an email to email@example.com, or give him a call at 423-802-3430.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.