In a recent event, Jimmy organized a panel featuring three top real estate producers in the social media space. Alicia Cop, Molly Slagle, and Heidi Harris join Jimmy in this panel discussion to learn the best tips, tricks, and strategies for social media success in real estate.
Each participant realized social media would be integral to their real estate success.
- Molly has a system for her Instagram pages to engage with best practices. She utilizes a mix of carousel posts, videos, and personal posts to drive engagement.
- People want authenticity. The “perfect videos” no longer seem to get the most engagement.
- Heidi realized authenticity is everything. It creates trust and engagement with her clients because what they see online is what they’ll see at a listing appointment.
Utilize whatever platform reaches your audience.
- Instagram is a great tool, but it isn’t the only tool. LinkedIn, Facebook, and TikTok are all great platforms that can put your voice and message in front of an audience.
- Molly tailors her content for LinkedIn by stating the facts and using a simple story to expand engagement.
- Alicia says if you don’t share something, someone else will. It’s simply today’s version of prospecting.
- People search for hashtags on Instagram. Therefore, capitalizing on hashtags exposes your content to more people and ultimately will generate more clients.
Social media is an opportunity for referrals.
- As a real estate professional, have your location easily visible and accessible on your profile. If people aren’t sure where you operate, they likely won’t contact you for work opportunities or referrals.
- Use a Google My Business page to upload and tag photos. People use Google to search and will find you through this platform.
- Don’t be afraid to talk about things unrelated to real estate. That content, whether entertaining or informative, makes you more engaging.
Optimizing your Google My Business:
- Check out our past episode with Heidi discussing Google My Business best practices.
- Think of Google My Business as your resume – this is the space for a professional page.
- Have your hours set, photos uploaded, and account information filled in to make the most use of this free resource.
Their ultimate takeaways for social media success? First, just get started! You’ll learn to refine your content over time as you grow your business. Second, create more video content to drive engagement and see the most success.
Find these panelists on Instagram at @homesweetheidi, @mollysoldit, and @thealiciacopteam. Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.