Social media is one of the most powerful tools a real estate agent can use to generate new business, scale growth, and build relationships with your ideal clients. In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy dives into eleven ways you can increase your social media engagement.
- Use hashtags – Hashtags act as a filter to help people find the content they know they’ll enjoy or are interested in viewing. When you utilize hashtags, more interested audience members will find you.
- Utilize polls – Asking your audience a question leads to an answer! Asking easy questions via polls sparks engagement and might give you unique insights into a property.
- Use more video – Current social media platforms explicitly indicate they’re pushing video content to more people. Using Tik Toks, Instagram reels, and quick story videos is a great way to start generating video content.
- Tag people – If someone is with you in an image or video, tag them! That content will be shared with their audience, greatly expanding your reach and exposing you to a new audience.
- Use scroll-stopping photos – What images make your audience stop scrolling and look at the image? Maybe it’s a sunset photo or a multi-million-dollar beach house. Post pictures that make your audience stop scrolling.
- Tag where you are – Tag your current location or neighborhood to increase exposure to new people. More importantly, tag local businesses or restaurants to find new audiences and encourage shared content.
- Tell a story – What’s happening in your world that people would find interesting? By sharing great stories, people will be encouraged to stop and listen.
- Post family photos – One of the best ways to build relationships is by sharing your life outside of real estate. And what better way to do that than by sharing family photos?
- Document your day – Give a behind-the-scenes tour of a typical day for a real estate professional. This conveys the authenticity that makes you seem like an actual person people would want to work with.
- Highlight a local business – Showcasing your favorite local businesses helps someone else grow, and that kind gesture is often returned.
- Be authentic – Be who you are! Social media gives us the chance to be our true selves. So whatever you enjoy, show that and let people who resonate with those interests find you.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.