Brain Tracy is one of the most influential motivational speakers and authors. In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy looks at some of his greatest quotes and how we can apply them to our real estate business.
Successful people look for opportunities to help others; unsuccessful people ask, “what’s in it for me?”
- You can tell when someone is in the real estate business purely for the commission check.
- Being a service to others is the best way to build a long-term business.
To earn more, you must learn more.
- Grow your knowledge base to provide more value to your community and clients.
- When you become the market expert, people in the community will know to come to you for answers and insights into the market.
Your true success in life begins only when you commit to becoming excellent at what you do.
- The market is becoming more challenging, meaning realtors who never built their skills will fall by the wayside.
- Be confident in your skills and ability to list, sell, and market a home. When you have confidence, you can better deliver successful results for both buyers and sellers.
Successful people are simply those with successful habits.
- Set a good pace for your morning to move toward your goals.
- We are what we do consistently. Add things that move you forward and look to cut back on those that move you backward.
You become what you think about most of the time.
- Focus on whatever drives our business forward. Then, as you focus on those particular aspects, your actions will follow.
Develop an attitude of gratitude. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you.
- Gratitude sets the framework for the day we want to have. When you’re thankful for others, they’ll want to return the favor.
The key to success is action.
- It doesn’t matter how much you plan; action is required to step up your game.
- While planning is valuable, taking massive action will launch you forward and help you reach your goals.
If you’re looking for great reading material to help you learn more for your real estate career, The Psychology of Selling by Brian Tracy is a classic. Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.