The key to more business isn’t always more leads. Sometimes, it’s just paying attention to the leads you already have! In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy is joined by Tom Toole to discuss maximizing your engagement with existing leads to find more business.
Many agents forget about the nurturing process.
- Data shows it takes at least six contact points to convert a customer, yet agents frequently follow up only one or two times.
- While you don’t want to overwhelm someone, you must accept that more communication is necessary to build relationships.
Innovative strategies to prompt engagement:
- If you call and leave a voicemail on someone’s phone, send them a text.
- It’s hard getting people on the phone now. If you want their business, you need to embrace a motivation to transact.
- When meeting a seller, ask where they’re planning on moving to next. They probably aren’t ready to sell if they don’t know where they’re going.
- For a buyer, ask where they want to move, their price range, and if they’re approved. The market moves fast, so get dialed in on what they want.
- If you can’t get a commitment, send them a text saying you’d like their business. If they signed, let them know what’s happening next and when they can expect to hear from them next.
Maintain the connection after the sale:
- In 2021, 34% of real estate transactions were done through a referral or past client.
- Have planned outreach events to maintain relationships with those past clients to help ensure they’ll use you again for their real estate needs.
- For more great content from Tom, visit his YouTube at Tom Toole III for weekly streams and helpful videos.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.