The people who work in real estate are the ones who like to draw outside the lines. However, there is comfort in knowing what efforts can push you in the right direction. In today’s episode of the Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy discusses his seven rules to building a successful real estate business that anyone can apply.
Rule #1: A growing database is a healthy database
- Have a group of people you consistently add value to. Doing so establishes a continuous source of leads who know, like, and trust you.
Rule #2: Consistently compounds conversion
- What are you doing to grow that database and position yourself as a thought leader in your community?
- You want to consistently interact with past, present, and future buyers to be seen as the go-to real estate leader.
Rule #3: The more you help, the more you will be helped
- By adding value to the market, the market will give value back to you.
- Participate in local events, organizations, and nonprofits to help your community.
Rule #4: What we focus on expands
- It’s a rule that applies to everything in life, not just real estate.
- Take efforts to continue your education, learn more, and focus on bettering your business.
Rule #5: You’re only as good as the team around you
- Whether a title manager, building inspector, or contractor, the people you work with will either move you forward or hold you back.
- Find the people at the level you want to be at to find the support to get you there.
Rule #6: The deeper your relationships, the wider your business will grow
- The deeper your relationships, the more referrals and repeat clients who want to support you.
- Focus on providing value to the people around you rather than focus on the next transaction.
Rule #7: Self-awareness creates efficiency
- We are prone to making assumptions in our work.
- Take the time to determine where your clients come from; you’ll likely determine some efforts aren’t creating any momentum. If you ditch those and focus on what works, you’ll be able to reprioritize your work to develop more growth.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it as well. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.