How does nature parallel success in the business world? There’s likely more than you think! In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy discusses how the world’s natural cycles correlate to real estate and business growth, inspired by his and his wife’s recent trip to Napa Valley.
To make great wine, you have to start with great soil.
- Certain types of soil best yield different things.
- What type of soil do you have as the foundation of your business? Determine if it’s the soil that will yield the business pursuits you want to fruition.
Who are you grafted to?
- Surrounding yourself with motivated people, mentors, and coaches will help you achieve the motivation and confidence to reach your goals.
- Even if you’re naturally a great realtor, your success is dependent on who you spend your time around.
- What content are you watching? What podcasts are you listening to?
Who are the “suckers” in your life?
- Remove the things that aren’t providing value to your life.
- Whether that’s a real estate tactic, a way of thinking, or the people you surround yourself with, don’t be afraid to cut those ties to make more room for better things.
Are you controlling the environment you are in?
- Decide if you’re at a place where you need to add someone to your team, block out time to better schedule your day, or include more educational opportunities.
- The better you add value to your environment, the better off you’ll be.
What do you need to do to prepare for your growth?
- Create a checklist or process for your work to ensure you don’t miss the foundational elements of your business.
- This can look different from agent to agent, depending on where you are in your career goals.
Where did your business come from?
- Identify which tactics best contribute to your bottom line; you’ll be surprised that the elements of your business that contribute the most to your business might not be the ones you think.
- Cut out the things you’ve always done that might not work as well as you thought they did.
Trust the process and be patient.
- Just like wine-making, the real estate process can be long. Today’s efforts likely won’t contribute to your bottom line within the next week, but consistently making an effort will lead to long-term success.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.