Above all, real estate is a people-first industry. Today’s guest, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Christy Budnick, joins Jimmy to explain the one thing you should do to see growth in your real estate business.
Relationships are where our efforts should be focused.
- The single most impactful thing an agent can do is real estate portfolio reviews.
- We want to be seen as financial planners because we’re working with a client’s largest asset. So to not be seen as one is detrimental.
Perform a market analysis.
- However, don’t do it through an email because 80% get thrown out and deleted.
- The best way to walk a client through a market analysis is through face-to-face interaction. This doubles as an opportunity to catch up and learn what’s happening in their life.
- It’s a service-oriented approach – bring extra copies for their CPA and financial planner to use the information across their financial lives.
For newer agents with fewer past clients:
- The best network is people you have a past relationship with because they’ll be more inclined to trust you.
- If you haven’t sold anything, take a look at your sphere of influence and talk with those who want to see you succeed.
- Complete one each week. That’s just 52 conversations a year!
Preparing for a portfolio review:
- Hopefully, you’ve stayed in touch with past clients after the purchase. (If not, that’s a separate conversation altogether.)
- Pick up the phone and ask if they’d like to meet to share where they stand in the marketplace (and catch up.)
- Yes, it’s really that easy. If you know the market, know your community, and know your clients, it’s a simple but powerful tactic that helps you remain top-of-mind with your past clients.
Today’s takeaway? The market has seen a complete frenzy. The market is changing, and it’s essential we make connections with as many people as possible. For more content and information from Christy, connect with her on LinkedIn.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.