Heidi Harris joins Jimmy for today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast to learn five different strategies that can help you find more transactions within the next year.
Be proactive in your sales.
- Suppose a buyer has a hard time finding a house. Instead of waiting for something to hit MLS, be proactive and look at people who’ve bought five or six years ago.
- Reach out to the buyer’s agent, which gives them a bridge and an income opportunity they aren’t expecting.
- Finding a house for the buyer (especially in the current market) builds a lifelong relationship that will be a great source of referrals and opportunities for the future.
Listen to other people’s conversations.
- Don’t be afraid to insert yourself into a conversation if real estate comes up. Whether at the bar, restaurant, or any other public place, you have information to share.
- Don’t be creepy, but just be present in the community. You’ll find that there are far more opportunities than you realize.
Know simple (but interesting) facts.
- Heidi empowers her people to know facts to talk about if the opportunity arises.
- If real estate enters the conversation, tell them your interesting fact to bring up around their friends.
- You share valuable information that clients will want to share with their friends.
Go to events and create gatherings.
- Even in a down market, real estate is fascinating. It’s a great topic to weave into your conversations, events and get-togethers.
- Put yourself in front of the people in your community to make more opportunities.
It’s not just luck.
- Luck isn’t what creates great realtors; work does. Finding every opportunity you can to get in front of people widens your network and establishes your presence in the community.
Listen to past episodes with Heidi:
- Heidi explains some of her favorite events for client retention in Episode 166.
- Episode 161 is a social media strategy panel featuring Hieid
- Episode 086 features Heidi’s expert advice on Instagram and social media growth.
To connect with Heidi and learn more about her work, find her on Instagram at @homesweetheidi. Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.