Geographical farming is one of the best modern real estate tactics to launch your business and help you reach the next level. In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy is joined by Molly Slagle, Realtor at BHHS Worldwide, to discuss her approach to geographical farming.
Data drives geographical farming.
- Research is the best way to increase the opportunity for success and helps you understand your breakeven point.
- Know your cost-per-lead, if there are dominant agents, and how much community events will cost. Understand your expenses.
- Molly sends three mailers to community members each month. One is a newsletter that includes specialty information about the area. Recent sales, new homes on the market, and other information that isn’t about real estate.
- She sends postcards, one at the beginning and one at the beginning and one at the end of the month. One is focused on real estate, and the other is about a different initiative or fun event that will interest the audience.
Planning community events:
- Each December, she plans and executes a holiday hayride. She also sets
- Pet portraits
- The end-of-school water balloon ride and snow cone truck.
- Gets people together for wreath-making, winetasting, and cocktail hours.
Funding neighborhood events:
- She reaches out to neighborhood moms, who are also pillars of the community just like real estate agents.
- Molly also brings ideas to her financial advisor, title company, and other vendors to see if they’d be interested in sponsoring to keep costs down and exposure high.
A year is not enough time. Be prepared to be there until at least two years.
If she doesn’t get a listing and an additional, she’ll reconsider the neighborhood. If she isn’t getting those transactions, she thinks she’s likely doing something wrong.
Mollysoldit on Instagram, Facebook, and her website.
Do you have a video or content idea that is perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.