A changing real estate market requires a changing set of skills to maintain momentum and growth. So in these shifting trends, what skills are most important for agents to know? In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy identifies seven needed success skills every agent should cultivate for the upcoming market changes.
1. Identify trends and patterns early before anyone else does.
- The agent who identifies trends and best explains them to their clients will see the most success.
- Surround yourself and study the people who’ve seen market changes before. It’s been nearly 14 years since the market last shifted; learn from those who witnessed those prior events.
- Find early adopters and study what they’re doing to gain early momentum.
2. Clearly communicate market data in a way that is easy to understand.
- Use simple economics (backed by hard data) to explain why things are priced a certain way to buyers and sellers.
- Help them understand from a place of information rather than emotion.
3. Generate marketing that generates momentum for your business.
- Get back to the foundations of the business – the person who controls inventory is the person controlling the market.
- Handling listings is the name of the business – running your real estate business means to focus on listings.
- Have a plan of action to generate momentum for your sellers, and document your day on social media to define your personality and deepen relationships with more people.
- Agent relationships are critical. Use your social media accounts to build relationships and have a network of people to reach out to if needed.
4. Create rapport with someone you meet very quickly.
- Read How to Make Anyone Like You in 90 Seconds or Less by Nicholas Boothman.
- Be able to identify people who can make you better and who will help contribute to a successful business transaction.
5. Master the systematic follow-up
- Have systems to automatically reach out to people after an open house, meeting, or event.
- Keep in touch with as many people as possible to be top-of-mind and to generate the most opportunities.
- Are you comfortable telling the stories of your real estate career? The agent who can entertain and interest an audience with their past experiences will perform the best.
- When you understand how to tell stories, you will attract more of your ideal client.
7. Hard work
- Hard work outperforms talent when talent doesn’t work hard. If you work hard, everything else will take care of itself.
- Read The Power of One More by Ed Mylett for motivation and encouragement to put in that extra effort to reach your goals.
Do you have a video or content idea perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.