There are key signs realtors can see to understand if their business is about to explode with growth. However, there are also indicators to help us know if our business needs support and realignment. In today’s episode of the Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy identifies and explains some of those factors to help us course-correct when our business is in jeopardy.
1. Your database is not growing.
- If you’re going to get more growth, you need a steady stream of new people coming into your business.
2. You are not making outbound phone calls.
- Our business is built on the number of conversations we have. The more you prospect, the more business will come back to us.
3. You only have one source of leads.
- If you are focused on just one lead source, you’re taking a great deal of risk. Have multiple sources to diversify your lead generation efforts.
4. Living beyond your means.
- Make sure the money you have going out is always less than the amount of money coming in.
- Change your lifestyle when the market turns south or if you have a season with low sales.
5. You believe your business is bulletproof.
- It’s easy to think your business will last forever in the current market.
- Every single time, things change. Don’t let your ego and pride give you too much confidence.
6. Your communication is inconsistent.
- It doesn’t matter how extensive your database is if you don’t use it.
- The more you communicate with your people, the more likely they convert to sales.
7. You are not personally growing.
- If you aren’t continuing to learn and grow, you stagnate. Invest in your health, wellness, and education to better yourself and your business will follow.
Do you have a video or content idea perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.