Realtors should look for ways to maintain momentum to reach their goals as the market begins to slow down. In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy discusses some of the strategies and tactics he used when he sold as an agent to generate quick sales.
Shift focus and look to lots for builders.
- No emotions link to raw land the way sellers might carry feelings with properties and homes they own, meaning it is often easier to acquire.
- Builders pull back on starting construction at certain times, usually when the market slows. The next two years will signify this time when builders will accumulate land for when the market rises again.
Out-of-town owners are a great place to start:
- While a title company is likely able to provide the necessary information, you can also view an aerial map to determine where vacant lots are in your community.
- Build a list of people who own these lots, and inquire if they’re interested in learning more about the evaluation of the lot (not a sale.)
- Or, consider asking what they plan to do with the lot to see if there’s a long-term strategy behind owning it and build a relationship based on that.
Building relationships with builders:
- Connect with builders to find people who want to construct on the acquired empty lots.
- See who in your community is building homes and see if they are interested in building other homes beyond the ones they are currently building.
- If you can’t find people in your community, go to your local building department and see who has pulled permits for new construction and who is developing on land near you.
Do you have a video or content idea perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.