Now that the market has changed, what can real estate agents do to maintain momentum in their business? In today’s episode of the Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy is joined by Raleigh-based realtor Heidi Harris to learn how she has shifted her strategy to make more real estate connections.
The market is adjusting from the chaos of the last couple of years.
- Realtors have gotten complacent because of how easy it was. However, we need to get back to basics – make relationships and be a resource for your community.
- What’s the easiest way to make connections? Get face-to-face with people. She schedules lunches.
- Once she does lunch, she schedules another one to keep the train moving.
- It could be people from social media, your kids’ school, or church members.
The sense of community and a need for it has never been stronger.
- If realtors invite the people around them to participate in that community, they remember it.
- Do a quick breeze-through of their social media to learn the updates and significant events in their lives. But, more importantly, ask how you can be of service to them.
- When Heidi books a lunch, she schedules them at noon and then says she was a 1:30 appointment to ensure the lunch doesn’t drag on too long.
- Be authentic and show up for the people around you. People crave community, and realtors have the tremendous capacity to foster and build those relationships people want.
You can’t have relationships without time.
- You don’t know how many referrals might be generated from these lunches.
- When people ask Heidi about her take on the real estate market, she talks about the normalizing market. She then tells them about the client appreciation events happening soon, so they feel free to participate.
- If you don’t have events happening soon, ask these clients what they’d like to see from their realtors. So if you don’t have anything planned, just ask!
For more content from Heidi, follow her on Instagram at @homesweetheidi or send a referral email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have a video or content idea perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.