Sometimes, life is about regrets, so maybe by hearing the regrets of others your business can move faster than theirs did. Jimmy talked to top-producing realtors and asked them; what do you wish you would have done sooner? In today’s episode of The Real Estate Sales Podcast, Jimmy tells you the 7 things that top-producing realtors wish they would have done sooner.
1. Hire an assistant
- Hiring an assistant gives you the ability to do the things that you are good at.
- An assistant can help you with follow-ups, systems, closing transactions, marketing, and staying consistent.
- Are you doing the activities that an assistant could be doing for $15 an hour that would give you the ability to focus on more important things?
2. Become a student of the game
- There is a moment in most top producers’ businesses when they realize they don’t need to reinvent the wheel. They realize the need to do the things that other top producers are doing.
- You can’t be something until you see something.
- When you change the actions you take you to change the reactions you get.
3. Start Geographical farming
- Top-producing realtors wish they would have become an expert in one neighborhood and become the go-to person for that neighborhood.
- Focusing on a farm it has helped them focus on a niche portion of their business that allows them to actually expand.
- You grow with the clientele as they grow in their lives.
4. Go all-in on video
- We are moving into a time where video is critical, it isn’t an option anymore.
- Are you sending texts or video texts? Emails or video emails?
- Every top producer that Jimmy knows has gone all-in on video
5. Optimize their database sooner
- Do you have your data organized in a way that you can segment a specific group of people and give them specific messaging?
- Think about the business and what is the end result.
- Having an optimized database provides value and helps your business build.
6. Join a mastermind or hire a coach
- You can’t build the business of your dreams without other people.
- Find someone who has already done the things that you want to do with your business.
7. Build relationships with other agents
- When you have a relationship with other agents you can bounce ideas off of each other, know what is going on in the market, and help each other put deals together.
- Make sure you are connecting with other agents from other markets.
- Try creating an email list to agents and provide them with value so that they think of you when thinking of your market.
Do you have a video or content idea perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.