Out with the old social media strategies, and in with the new! In this episode of The Real Estate Sales podcast, your host Jimmy Burgess talks about the latest social media news, trends, and tips to help you reach more people and increase engagement.
1. Instagram and TikTok are extending the description box.
- The apps will now use descriptions to judge whether your content is relevant to search terms, so make sure you’re spending time on those descriptions and not just hashtagging!
2. Use ChatGPT to optimize your social media posts for each different platform.
- Each platform has its own specialized algorithm, and ChatGPT can help you create SEO-optimized content for each one without you having to go through the trouble of learning how each algorithm works.
3. Instagram is going back to its foundation.
- If you’ve been missing the old days of sharing still lifestyle and aesthetic pictures on Instagram, you’re in luck. Try sharing personal and lifestyle content again – you will see it gain more traction than in recent years.
4. Screenshot Twitter posts and post them as an image on Instagram.
- This allows you to use the content you have created for Twitter to connect with another audience. These types of posts have been gaining popularity.
5. Use your Location Tags on Instagram and TikTok.
- If your post is most relevant to people in your area, adding your location tag will increase their chances of seeing it.
6. Use green screen backdrops to show headlines behind you.
- Jimmy demonstrates how you can use Instagram Reels to create a green screen effect and display an article that you want to talk about behind you.
7. Organic traffic is increasing on Facebook.
- Facebook Reels are gaining popularity, so if you already create Instagram Reels, you can upload them to Facebook at the same time. Creating them without Instagram is also a very easy process and Jimmy walks us through it.
Do you have a video or content idea perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.