Are you GROWING through this recession, or just GOING through it? In this episode of The Real Estate Sales podcast, your host Jimmy Burgess gives you the seven things you need to keep in mind if you want to not only survive but THRIVE during tough times.
- There will be winners.
- Time to step up your marketing game and your education. Become the first person your community thinks of when they think of real estate.
- Grit will be revealed.
- People who persevere despite hardship and keep some perspective will see success, while those who give up at the first sign of difficulty will weed themselves out.
- There will be losers.
- When agents exit the real estate industry, that will make more room for you to succeed.
- Agents will understand the value of a referral.
- Referrals from clients and other agents will bring you more business and also help you build connections.
- Commission will be compressed.
- Some agents will act out of desperation and reduce their commissions to make a deal. Wise agents demonstrate their value so their clients understand exactly what they are paying for.
- Agents will understand the difference between value and price.
- Make sure you’re working with the people who help you sell more, not just the ones who offer you a bigger split. Also, look at how much return you’re getting for your marketing and assess how much you should budget for it.
- The strong will get stronger and the weak will die.
- Once you make it through a recession, you emerge on the other side stronger and more confident in your ability to persevere.
Do you have a video or content idea perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts,Google Podcasts, Spotify,Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.