Don’t sit back and wait for business to come to you! In this episode of The Real Estate Sales podcast, our host Jimmy Burgess connects with Jay Johnson on how creativity and a willingness to try new things help him make the most of his open houses.
- Jay committed to doing open houses EVERY DAY.
- Rather than having exhausting 5-hour open houses, Jay found he could host an open house every day for a couple of hours.
- He started working out in the parking lot, talking to passers-by.
- When things were quiet but people were walking by outside, he found that standing out front was a great way to connect with neighbors.
- In a traditional market, prepare for your open house.
- Add it to your local MLS and share the information with other agents.
- Social media is also an effective way to get the word out.
- On the day of the open house, capture the neighborhood’s attention.
- Get the word out by putting up signs.
- Safety first! Door-knocking can be a great way to get in touch with neighbors.
- Maximize your opportunities by offering amenities – try a food truck!
- After your open house, follow up!
- Try to get contact information from the people who stop by.
- Rather than putting ALL relevant information in pamphlets, offer to send it to them via e-mail.
Do you have a video or content idea perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.