In this episode of The Real Estate Sales podcast, our host Jimmy Burgess gives you the 5 reasons you might be focused on the buyer side and how to take your real estate game to the next level. Jimmy always says if over half of your business is devoted to buyers, you’re a real estate salesperson. If over half of your business is focused on listings, you are running a real estate business!
- They don’t have enough market knowledge.
- Gain confidence by getting educated on your local market. Become an expert in your area and hyperfocus on a specific location.
- They lack a unique selling proposition.
- If you’re a new agent or you don’t know what sets you apart, use your team as a selling point. If you’re a single agent, let prospects know the personal touches you bring to the table.
- They don’t have a marketing plan that helps listings get sold.
- Tell your clients the strategies agents typically use AND what you plan on doing to go above and beyond those things. Lay everything out clearly to give your clients confidence in you.
- They have a lack of focus on sellers.
- Check your database: does it contain more buyers or sellers? What we focus on expands.
- They don’t have a geographical farm area.
- If no one views you as an expert, you’re probably not an expert. Find ways to add value to your neighborhood of choice consistently.
Do you have a video or content idea perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.