Don’t you hate it when someone doesn’t tell you everything you need to know, especially within the real estate industry?
You want a broker who is honest with you no matter how hurtful the truth may be. However, most don’t have the heart to tell the truth when the real estate market isn’t going so well.
In this “The Real Estate Sales Podcast” episode, host Jimmy Burgess shares five things real estate agents need to know. Subscribe and hear what your broker is too nice to tell you.
1. The Market Is Getting Tougher
- Jimmy discusses how the real estate market is challenging, and most agents cannot handle the difficulties.
- When things get tough, don’t become soft; push through the challenges you’re facing.
- Jimmy also says it’s better to face the challenges because when you wait for life to give you whatever, it will typically give you the worst.
- Start being proactive. Make those phone calls or host that open house you’ve been putting off.
- Now is the time for you to take action and bring positive changes.
2. You’re Blaming Everyone and Everything
- Take ownership instead of pouting about what someone did or a bad situation.
- You can’t change what happens or make others do something they don’t want to do.
- Focus on what you can do to create a better outcome.
3. You’re Playing Small
- Stop with the negative self-talk. It’s holding you back from achieving your goals.
- You may be afraid that someone will hang up or be angry that you called them. Even if it happens, it’s not the end of the world. You can always call another prospect.
- Those who push past their fears while others stay in them will be more likely to succeed.
4. Agents Are Reacting Incorrectly to Adversity
- Remember, adversity means opportunities.
- How will you handle things when things don’t go your way? Are you going to freeze and throw the towel in? Are you going to figure out solutions? What about increasing your communications with clients?
- Jimmy shares that this is the perfect time to build deep relationships with brokers, sellers, and clients.
5. Do Different Things in 2024
- The things you did in 2023 may not work in 2024. Pay attention to your actions from last year and figure out how to expand on them.
- The real estate market is constantly evolving, so you must be willing to make positive changes to keep your business afloat.
- Also, consider the things you have yet to try that you can do this year. Jimmy shares some ideas that real estate agents can do to help improve their success.
Jimmy shares these tips to help struggling agents. Now is the time to take action in your real estate business. If you want different results this year, subscribe to The Real Estate Sales Podcast.
“Remember, four fingers are pointing back at you when you’re pointing one at someone. You’re in control of your situation. Take action, and things will change.” -Jimmy Burgess.
Do you have a video or content idea perfect for your business? Share it with Jimmy! Connect with Jimmy Burgess on LinkedIn and Facebook, and his YouTube channel. If you like what you heard today, we’d love it if you’d share a rating or review and then subscribe to the podcast and tell others about it. You can find The Real Estate Sales Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, and our website, The Real Estate Sales Podcast.